A sudden occurrence of Coronavirus has been identified in China which has become a tragic problem for all people around the world. As we care for human beings, here are the tips and tricks to be aware, how to be safe and prevent COVID-19 which will affect you. As we do follow safety and healthy environment, be safe and be healthy.
Coronavirus is a highly spreading disease of viruses that was first found on December 31, 2019, in Wuhan, China. COVID-19 is the name of the infectious disease caused by the Coronavirus.
Coronavirus in dogs, Coronavirus in cats, Coronavirus in humans, and all this news we have been hearing day by day with more death rate. World Health Organization announced Coronavirus as a public health emergency of international concern on January 30, 2020.
This disease is a huge family of viruses affecting from small cold to more severe diseases like Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
Coronaviruses are known a zoonotic which means they are transmitted between animals and people. From detailed research, it has been found that SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats to humans and MERS-CoV from dromedary camels to humans.
Symptoms of COVID-19
Fever, tiredness, and dry cough are the most common symptoms of COVID-19. Few patients may feel runny nose, nasal congestion, sore throat, aches or pains, and diarrhea.
These symptoms begin normally. It has been found that older people with heart problems, blood pressure or diabetes will cause serious illness and can lead to death also.
Protective measures against Coronavirus
As COVID-19 is affecting most people in China and other countries it is very important to take protective measures against Coronavirus. Do the following things to keep your health safe and protect from Coronavirus.
Clean your hands regularly
Use alcohol-based hand wash to clean your hands or use soap and water. The reason to do this is to kill the viruses that may be on your hands.
Try to maintain distance from others
If anybody is coughing or sneezing try to keep distance between you and them at least 1 meter (3 feet). Try to use tissues while sneezing and dispose of it immediately.
Because while someone coughs or sneezes small droplets spray from their mouth or nose which may contain the virus. And if you are too close to them then the droplets including COVID-19 may pass through your breathe if they have this disease.
Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
There may be a possibility to pick up the viruses when hands touch many surfaces. And if contaminated then it can pass into your body and can make you sick.
What if you have a fever or feeling difficulty in breathing?
If you feel unwell or facing any problems with breathing, fever or cough then immediately seek medical attention and try to stay at home and follow the directions of your local health authority.
Because they will have detailed information and will give you the proper directions and prevent form spreading viruses and other infections.
Common queries and medical information
When should I be tested for COVID-19?
- If you face a sudden onset of cough or acute respiratory infection and breathing problems.
- In the 14 days before starting symptoms if you have traveled to a place where community transmission of COVID-19 is going on or came close in contact with a person having the confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Or worked in healthcare where COVID-19 patients were treated.
Should I wear a mask to protect myself from COVID-19?
Wear masks if you are having the symptoms of COVID-19 or caring for someone who is affected by COVID-19. If you are well and not facing the symptoms then no need to wear a mask as there is a shortage of masks and WHO urges people to use masks wisely.
What should I do if I have the symptoms and also recently traveled from China, South Korea, Iran, Italy or Japan?
- If you have traveled to these areas and feeling the symptoms then seek medical help at the earliest and tell about the recent travel and your symptoms to the doctor.
- Avoid close contact with another person.
- Not to travel if you are not well.
- Cover your mouth with a mask or use tissues while sneezing or coughing to avoid the transmission of viruses.
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water for 15-20 seconds.
Does Coronavirus affect only older people or younger people also?
There is no age limit for this disease. People of all ages can affect this disease. There is more possibility to cause severe illness for those people who are facing medical conditions like asthma, diabetes or heart diseases. So it will be better to follow the preventive measures for all age groups.
What should I do if I get unwell in a public place with the symptoms of COVID-19?
- If you are facing these problems in a public place then suddenly find a room and isolate yourself from others.
- Avoid touching objects and surfaces as they can pass the virus.
- And if you are traveling in public transport then go back to home and avoid touching objects as little as possible.
- Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service to clarify the steps that need to be handled further.
COVID-19: Territories with confirmed cases
The below information had been gathered from worldometers.
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||1,030|
|St. Vincent Grenadines||12|
|Trinidad and Tobago||113|
Avoid direct contact with the person those who are showing symptoms from the above-mentioned ones and follow the preventive measures to stay healthy.