There are some limitations that you need to be aware of:
- Scripts that discount subscription price or shipping rates apply to the first payment only.
- Gift cards used to pay for subscriptions only apply to the first payment.
- To use subscriptions, the merchant needs to be using Shopify Payments, PayPal Express, or Authorize.net as a payment gateway.
- Customers can’t use accelerated checkouts or local payment methods to purchase subscriptions.
- Subscriptions don’t support local delivery or local pickup options.
- Merchants can’t sell subscriptions through Shopify POS yet, but we’re planning to add support for this later in the year.
- Subscriptions don’t support “Buy X get Y” discounts.
- Selling plan titles don’t support translations for multi-language storefronts.
- Selling subscriptions using draft orders is not supported, but is planned for later this year.
- The Order Edits API doesn’t support subscriptions.